Terms and Conditions
1. The contract shall become binding when Cudmore Event Hire (the company) has acknowledged the order to you
(the hirer) either verbally or in writing as appropriate.
2. The amount of any deposit and charges are detailed in the order and are based on our current price list.
3. Any signature provided by your employees, agents or representatives shall be deemed to be an authorised
signature for and on your behalf.
4. You shall be liable for the acts and/or omissions of your employees, agents or representative as though they were
your own acts and/or omissions.
5. Prompt payment is of the essence. Should settlement not be effected as stated, the company reserves the right to
charge interest on the hire charge at the rate of 3% in excess of the current rate of the Bank of England.
6. Risk in the equipment will pass to you immediately when the equipment leaves our physical possession or control
and will remain with you until the equipment is returned to our physical possession.
7. You will allow and procure sufficient access to and from the relevant site and advise us of any restrictions relating
8. You shall take adequate and proper measures to protect the equipment from theft, damage and/or other risks.
9. You must return the equipment in good working order in the correct box as provided. All food debris must be
removed, failure to do so may result in an additional charge. Used glassware should be placed face up, a cleaning
charge is applicable if boxes become wet.
10. You shall be responsible for all expenses, loss and/or damage suffered arising from any breakdown of equipment
due to your negligence, misdirection and/or misuse of the equipment and shall pay us the replacement cost of any
11. You the hirer, agree to pay out of pocket expenses should you wish to cancel any contract, verbal or otherwise,
without fair and reasonable notice and pay in full should the cancellation be made 48 hours or less prior to the event.
12. On delivery of the equipment you, the hirer, shall inspect the equipment immediately and notify the company of
any defect, error or omission. The company shall not be liable to make good any defect, error or omission that should
have been noted before the company staff left the site.
13. The company reserve the right to revise or withdraw any quotation prior to acceptance and all quotes are subject
to the equipment still being available at the time of confirmation.
14. Cudmore Event Hire shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property arising from the use
of the equipment.
15. Goods remain the property of the company at all times.
16. The hirer may not extend the hire period without prior permission from the company and the hirer shall be
charged extra accordingly.
17. The company will make every endeavour to effect delivery and collection at the times indicated by the hirer but
cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by events beyond our control.
18. Goods must be available for collection at the delivery address unless otherwise agreed
19. It is the hirer’s responsibility for connecting any gas appliances.
20. Any irremovable stains on linen, eg wax, red wine, mould will result in the hirer being charged the full
replacement value of the item. Any broken or missing items will be charged to the hirer at the full replacement cost.
These costs are available from the company by request.
21. We will not accept any returned goods other than those which have been hired and specified on the delivery note.
Any goods returned which do not belong to Cudmore Event Hire will be notified to the hirer and should they not be
collected within 28 days, we reserve the right to dispose of them. Should the hirer wish to have them returned to
them, this will be at their own expense.
22. We reserve the right to alter prices shown without prior notice.
23. We accept payment by cash, cheque and BACS.